Archive for category Geometry
http://www.mathsisfun.com/platonic_solids.html …. is you click on “Spin a Octahedron” it will go to the page that has the Surface Area and Volume
Please do the following:
1. Go and play around with the applet of the circumcenter: http://www.analyzemath.com/Geometry/Circumcircle/Circumcircle.html
2. Go and play around with the applet for the Euler Line: http://www.mathopenref.com/eulerline.html
3. Go and play around with the applet for the incenter: http://www.mrperezonlinemathtutor.com/CARFILES/Incenter_Incircle_Inradius.html
4. Write up a description with a sketch of all of the different “centers” and bring to class on Monday.
5. Do a google search and find another applet that you like for any of the centers and post your response here.
6. Respond to one of your classmates and tell them what you liked or didn’t like about the applet that they posted.
7. Bring to class more information about the Euler Line.
do the following 4 proofs ….. p. 474 (7,8, 17 and 18) from your geo book!!
http://feromax.com/cgi-bin/ProveIt.pl …..scroll to bottom and do the similar and congruent triangle proofs … come back here and explain what is necessary to say that 2 triangles are similar.
Ok sign in and say hello! Write out one theorem that no one else has written. Then sign on again to see my comment.
Hopefully you will all get a chance to sign online. Your assignment is to go to the following webpage: http://feromax.com/cgi-bin/ProveIt.pl Go through and complete the first 15 proofs! Yes I said 15. Don’t worry. You are just filling in the statement and reason columns. So you will start with “Complementary Angles 1” and end with “Converse of Parallel Lines 5.”
Once you have completed these proofs online, come back to the blog and discuss which proof you thought was the easiest and which was the most difficult.
Now that you have done all 15 and written about 2 proofs respond to atleast one of your classmates if you agree of disagree on the proofs that they chose to talk about. For example, maybe I found the first converse proof really difficult and did not really understand the logically sequence on how it was done and you thought it was the easiest one. You would then share with me I why you thought it was one of the easiest ones.
Post any questions on how to complete the assignment as well.
Please do not wait until Sunday night to do the 15 proofs because then that will not give your classmates times to respond.
We will pull up the blog on the projector in class on Monday to see everyones work.
If you see that a classmate has yet to post anything and you have a way to connect them … shoot them a friendly reminder.
Pg 56 (27-41 odd, 44-49) pg 60 (17-29 odd) pg.61 (41-42) pg 68 (3, 28) p.74 (8-18)
Wednesday you will be tested on: Constructions, Transformations, Circle Equation, Lines (distance, midpoint, slope, point-slope form and slope-intercept form)
http://www.regentsprep.org/Regents/math/geometry/math-GEOMETRY.htm#m2 … and there are more on this page
This is your completed bulletin board???!!
Work on construction lab. Can you find any other complex constructions online? Like how to find the center of the circle. Leave a comment with the web address link 🙂
Each person better share the workload for your bulletin board grade.
Worksheets due Friday.